Oakland Foundation Terms and Conditions
The Foundation’s target group is children under the age of 16 and their families who live in England and Wales. We particularly support projects in areas where our main sponsor Oakland International is an integral part of the local community. The Foundation’s focus is based on the following themes:
Education: to ensure children get the best education, no matter what their background.
Health and nutrition: to ensure children have access to healthy food
Sport: to ensure children have access to sport and activities irrespective of social background or physical ability.
The Oakland Foundation is a charitable organisation, working with projects addressing one of these three main areas: health and nutrition, education and sport. We require that funding requests comply with the following:
- It is a condition that any funding granted must be used for the purpose stated in the funding application and for no other purpose whatsoever.
- The recipient may be asked to produce receipts for any money spent.
- The recipient will be asked to produce a detailed report outlining the outcomes of the application. This will be submitted to the Foundation within 8 weeks of the end date of the project.
The application form
All applicants for funding from The Oakland Foundation must complete our application form.
Submission of funding applications
You can complete the form online and submit it immediately via our website, www.oakland-foundation.com.
You can request an electronic copy by emailing email@example.com You can post the completed application form to: Oakland Foundation Ltd, Seafield Lane, Beoley, Redditch, Worcestershire B98 9DB.
It is essential that you answer every question on the application form to the best of your ability. Any applications which do not answer every question as requested will be declined.
To be approved for a grant, you must provide a complete breakdown of the amount you are requesting, listing all of the items you would use money for and how much they would cost.
The assessment process
If Trustees have any simple queries about your application, a member of the Trustee Board will contact you shortly before the Trustee meeting for clarification.
In some cases, a Trustee may feel that your application would benefit from you attending the Trustee meeting so that you can provide further details or answer questions more fully.
Applications will be assessed at a formal meeting of Trustees. Trustees usually meet every 1 or 2 months and will consider all applications received since the last meeting.
Please bear in mind that Trustees can only judge applications based on the details you provide.
Please bear in mind that applications are not normally considered outside of scheduled Trustee meetings.
The assessment criteria
Applications will be assessed in accordance with the following;
- It is essential that the application meets the objects of the Oakland Foundation and that the project is delivered within England and Wales.
- Preference will be given to applications with a clearly defined and measurable outcome.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a demonstrable track record of delivering outcomes.
- The Oakland Foundation has limited funds and will seek the best balance between outcomes and sharing funds fairly amongst applicants. For this reason, larger grant applicants are advised to have additional funding sources in place.
If your application is unsuccessful
If your application is not approved for a grant we will email you, usually within two weeks of the Trustee meeting at which your application was considered. Where possible we will provide brief feedback on your application but we cannot guarantee to be able to do this.
If your application is successful
If your application is approved for a grant, you will usually be informed by email during the week following the Trustee meeting at which your application was considered. The communication will state the total amount of the grant approved and will provide details of any special conditions related to the grant offer. You will also be sent a copy of the standard grant conditions and will be asked to confirm in writing that you will comply with these conditions.
- The Trustees decision is final.
- The Oakland Foundation has limited funding available and there is strong competition for grants. Therefore the fulfilment of all the assessment criteria does not necessarily mean that an application will be approved.
- Please do not resubmit grant applications unless asked to do so. The Oakland Foundation accepts re-submitted grant applications only in exceptional circumstances and only if Trustees specifically request them.
- Where grants are made on the basis of information received in the application which is later found to be untrue, those grants may be refused or, where they have been paid, may be revoked and subject to repayment.
Providing information that the applicant knows to be false for the purpose of obtaining a grant may constitute a criminal offence. If the Foundation has reasonable suspicion of an application containing deliberate misinformation it will be referred to the Police.